Monday 29 August 2011

farooq refutes media reports


Srinagr, 29 Aug : President Jammu and Kashmir National Conference and Union Minister for New and Renewable Energy Dr. Farooq Abdullah in a statement issued said that “On a recent visit to Gujarat I had an occasion to make a speech in which I highlighted the essential unity of all Indians and also categorically emphasized that no religion preaches hatred (Mazhab nahin sikhata apas mein bair rakhna). I had also mentioned that the month of Ramadhan is the holiest month because it is during this month that the Holy Qur’an was revealed to Prophet Mohammad (SAW).”

        “I have seen a number of press reports where my secular and humanistic remarks have been hopeless distorted. I had never claimed that the Holy Qur’an was revealed to anyone other than the Prophet Mohammad (SAW). I am dismayed at this inaccurate reporting more so when the comments being reported upon sought to emphasize harmony between religions and equality of mankind. I wish to categorically reassert that I had at no point of time made any reference to the Holy Qur’an being revealed to anybody other than Prophet Mohammad (SAW). While clarifying the above, I also wish to urge fellow citizens to remember the essential oneness of man and equality of all religions.”

No comments:

Post a Comment